Do I need special documents to travel with minor children in Brazil?

The following was copied from the Consulate General of Brazil in Miami on Feb. 17, 2009:

"Applicants under 18 years of age must present the birth certificate and a notarized letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardian(s) authorizing the Consulate General of Brazil to issue a visa for the minor applicant. 

Please note: although Brazilian authorities do not legally require written authorization for US citizens under 18 years of age to travel without both or one of the parents, we do recommend that minors in this situation entering Brazil or traveling within the country to carry such a document."

You may read more information at the CG site.

Shopping cart

Your shopping cart is empty.